Fire all striking nurses, urges COG’s Josephat Nanok
The council of Governors has maintained that all nurses who are still on strike stand being sacked by their respective counties.
Chairman Joseph Nanok said that the council had directed the respective Governors to take action against them as the strike had been declared illegal by the courts.
He said that the counties were free to advertise for new applicants to replace those who had not reported to work after September 8 as the high court ruled.
“We have directed the governors to go ahead and advertise for the jobs of those who had not reported to work. The Council of Governors stand is that the strike is illegal and that is why we had urged all those striking nurses to first report to work as we find a solution to this,” said Nanok.
Nanok noted there was no further room for negotiations until the striking nurses’ report to work failure to this they will all be sacked.
“There is no compromise about this as the courts have ruled on the matter. It is either they report to their working stations to failure to which the Governor are free to take action against them,” he said.
Nanok sympathized with suffering patients saying that the council had done everything possible to end the strike but nurses were adamant on resolving the matter by maintaining their hand stand.
The chairman noted that some governors were new in office and needed time to reorganize their governments and should therefore be given time.
He spoke in Nyahururu town yesterday where he had gone to condole with the family of Laikipia Governor Ndiritu Muriithi who lost his mother Mumbi Muriithi.
Muriithi pleaded to the striking nurses to report to work as they give the new counties administrations time to resolve the issue.